Everybody experiences constipation at some point in their lives. Now that is no consolation for you if you’re currently experiencing this because you are probably in so much discomfort all you are focused on is getting rid of constipation as quickly as possible. As you read through to the end of this article you will learn simple yet highly effective strategies you can implement starting the minute you finish reading that will help you on your quest of getting rid of constipation.
Constipation can become serious if left unchecked as it signals a problem with your digestive system. If you have chronic constipation then you need to pay close attention as it can lead to bigger issues such as hemorrhoids, colitis, diverticulosis and possibly even colon cancer.
Just so you know, many people are constipated and don’t know it. This is because we are supposed to have a bowel movement after every meal so if we eat 3 meals a day then 3 bowel movements are supposed to follow. If not, we are constipated and the fecal matter that is not eliminated remains to rot in our intestines which is very unhealthy and can lead to very serious disease.
So here are some things you can do to get rid of constipation:
1. Drink Lots of Water– water helps our bodies to flush toxins out so it is essential that you drink water constantly throughout each day.
2. Drink warm milk or tea– this can help promote bowel movements.
3. Add or Increase Fiber in Your Diet– The best sources are from fresh fruits and vegetables so aside from all of the beneficial nutrients you get from these they also help your body to stay regular.
4. Exercise and Physical Activity– Exercise is so necessary for our bodies for so many reasons. As far as constipation goes I think exercise just helps the body perform better which prevents us from becoming constipated in the first place.
5. Eat Prunes– Prunes are well known to be like a natural laxative. You could also drink prune juice. Prunes are also high in fiber so you could add this to your diet on a regular basis if you suffer regularly from constipation.
6. Probiotics – Probiotics introduce good bacteria back into your intestines that years of taking antibiotics could have removed. They help balance the intestinal tract and restore it to a healthy level.
So there you have 6 things you can and should do or add to your diet to help you to get immediate relief from constipation and to prevent getting it in the future.
Notice that all of these suggestions are all natural and besides having the benefit of being effective against constipation, also have added benefits for your body as a whole which is how you should approach any health issue ideally.
There are many other natural methods of getting rid of constipation but the above should help you get off to a good start.
By Christine Imamshah.