1. “Never use tissues or toilet paper to clean your eyeglasses. Paper is made of wood, and it will scratch your lenses. I like to use my tie because it’s silk and really smooth.” — Robert Noecker, MD
2. “Polarized sunglasses are great at reducing glare, but they can make it difficult to see the LCD on your cell phone or navigation system. It’s harder to see an ATM screen when you’ve got polarized sunglasses on too.” — Janice Jurkus, OD
3. “Many of you seem to think you can go on with life as normal immediately after I dilate your eyes, but it’ll be two or three hours before you can do anything that requires concentrated visual attention. Sometimes people get irritated that they can’t read a 12-page document.” — Paul Harris, OD, associate professor at the Southern College of Optometry, Memphis
4. “Most people know that UV radiation can damage skin, but they don’t realize it’s also bad for eyes. You wear your sunglasses only when it’s sunny? That’s like saying ‘I only smoke sometimes.’ Wear sunglasses big enough to block the light from above and below — they should have thick sides or wrap around. If you wear contacts, ask for UV coating.” — Stephen Cohen, OD, past president of the Arizona Optometric Association
5. “Despite what generations of parents have told their kids, carrots aren’t the best food for your eyes. That honor goes to spinach, kale, and other dark, leafy veggies.” — Andrea Thau, OD, associate clinical professor at the SUNY College of Optometry
Continue reading “13 Secrets Your Eye Doctor Won’t Tell You”
Here are some quick tips to increase your metabolism to increase muscle mass and gain weight in a healthier way:
1. Eat 6 small meals through out the day
This is one of the most important things if you want to increase your weight. Eating small meals throughout the day will help your body to absorb the nutrients properly and digest the food properly.
2. Portion size
There is a common myth that fats are not good for health. There are certain type of fats those are good for your health. You must eat a variety of food at the same time and your diet should include good sources of fats like Fish and Linseed oil.
Calculate your daily calorie requirements and make sure you exceed those limits if you want to gain weight. The ratio for Carbohydrates, Protein and Fat should be 4:4:2 respectively. This will help your body get all essential nutrients.
Continue reading “How to Gain Weight Fast?”
There are many reasons of people demanding to be tall, especially since that it really improving their appearance. There are many kind if treatments are available out there, which are focused on the body tall program. Within its expensive costs and fees for the products and treatments they offered, for you whom are wishing to know the effective and lower cost how to increase height solution, the right and regular exercises should be a good option to take. Beside of its low cost advantage, regular exercises are also considered as the safest treatment, as long as it doing in proper.
So, how to increase height by exercises? And which exercises are the effective options for the purpose? Many experts agreed that stretching exercises are really effective to lead your way to be taller. Among all kinds of stretching exercises people usually take, there are 3 kinds of it which are been considered as the most effective exercise, they are hanging, dry land swim, and pelvic shift. In hanging, we take the advantages from gravity. While you are hanging, it will release all the pressure of the body weight on the joints and spine. And at that moment your entire body parts will get stretches to its maximum, and doing it several minutes in everyday would give you great advantages in the future.
Continue reading “How to Increase Height with Exercises?”
We live in an age when doctors’ fees, hospital costs, and many medical treatments are incredibly expensive and disease statistics are off the charts. It makes pretty good sense to take preventative measures and protect yourself as much as you can from debilitating disease and premature death.
While building a head turning physique is great, maintaining good health should be priority number one. In fact, it is practically impossible to lose body fat and get in better shape if you health is poor.
The hard part is that good health, just like a better body, must be earned. And that means you will be required to put in a bit of hard work. But it is hard work that must be done, and everyday is an opportunity for you to express your appreciation of life by working hard to sustain a high level of well being.
Continue reading “How to Achieve Good Health & Prevent Premature Death ?”
Let’s find out how to boost our immune system naturally.
One simple thing that can be done is to try and reduce as much stress in your life as possible. One of the negative side effects of stress is that it weakens your immunity. A form of meditation that is effective is to think about positive things, and this will reduce your stress levels. You can also exercise regularly, as this has also been known to lower stress levels. Both of these things, if done consistently, can make your life much less stressful, and keep your immune system strong and healthy.
Continue reading “Steps to Boosting Your Immune System Naturally”